Marketing Guidelines for Authorized Label Suppliers
Congratulations on becoming a UL Authorized Label Supplier! We encourage you to leverage this important credential in your marketing and advertising efforts to differentiate your company from your competitors.
You can promote your participation in the UL Authorized Label Supplier program through:
- Print and digital advertising
- Web site and social channels
- Sales collateral and at any trade shows you attend
- A company video or news release
- Your email signature
- On your vehicles, on or in your building, or on your building signage
In communicating about your participation in this program, we request that you do so accurately and completely. These guidelines explain how to promote your participation in the program and discuss limitations on how you may use the UL Mark in promoting your services.
In communicating about your participation in the Authorized Label Supplier program, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Always use full program name: UL Authorized Label Supplier.
- If only some of your locations are participating in the UL Authorized Label Suppliers program, clearly identify which specific locations are in the program.
- Consider utilizing your LP file number, e.g., LP012345, in your promotions. This will help your potential customers quickly identify your company in Product iQTM, our online conformity information resource.
- For participants in the UL Authorized Label Supplier program, we authorize the use of our registered certification Marks only as a complement to a sample text reference to the UL Authorized Label Supplier program. Use of our registered certification Marks to promote participation in our Authorized Label Supplier program may continue as long as your company complies with the program requirements.
- In your promotional materials, refrain from using our registered certification Marks in close association with products or services other than our Authorized Label Supplier program. Never use our registered certification Marks to suggest that a product or other service is UL certified.
- When using a registered UL certification Mark on a promotional label or packaging materials, always include the words void, sample or specimen printed over the UL Mark to avoid unintended uses of the UL Mark on products. Please see examples below.
- Refrain from using any reference to UL within internet domain names or company names.
- Manufacturers also participating in UL’s marking and labeling Component Recognition program are to follow the promotion and advertising guidelines for the UL Recognized Component Mark.
References to the UL Authorized Label Supplier program
|Correct references||Incorrect references|