UL Registered Firm Marketing Guidelines
The following are guidelines and rules for using the UL Registered Firm Mark and making references to UL Registration in advertising and other promotional materials.
- When registered by UL, UL authorizes use of the UL Registered Firm Mark in promotional communications. Use of the UL Registered Firm Mark may continue as long as the organization complies with the requirements of UL’s Facility Registration Programs.
- Use the UL Registered Firm Mark and references to UL Registration in many different promotional materials. The only restriction on the use of the UL Registered Firm Mark is that it may not appear on products or in promotional materials in close association with products or services. Never use the UL Registered Firm Mark in promotional or marketing material to suggest that a product or service is UL certified.
- Use the UL Registered Firm Mark on the company web site, but specify which locations have been registered by UL. Do not imply the entire company has been Registered by UL if only selected locations have been.
- Use the UL Registered Firm Mark on bulk product packaging only when authorized in writing by UL. However, do not use the Mark on individual packaging or containers as it might create the impression that the products inside are certified by UL.
- Be sure to provide customers with information about the scope of your UL Registration. It is important to indicate:
- Specific Standard or Standards to which your company is Registered
- To which facility or site the Registration applies, by including the Registered facility’s name and the applicable ISO 9000 Standard or other Standards next to the Registered Firm Mark
- The UL Certificate of Registration number (also known as a file number) which authenticates your UL Registration.
- The UL Registered Firm Mark should be large enough in your promotional communications and other material so that the words “REGISTERED FIRM” can be read clearly by your customers.
- UL is accredited by several accreditation bodies to Register firms to the ISO 9000 series and other management system standards, which may lend additional credibility to your UL Registration. Use the marks of these accreditation bodies, along with the UL Registered Firm Mark, in promotional communication, provided that you requested that your facility’s Registration be issued under one or more of these accreditation programs.
- To display the UL Registered Firm Mark on promotional materials, use green (PMS 343 or equivalent), black or white on a dark background. Make sure to use one color for all elements of the UL Registered Firm Mark.
- Do not attempt to reproduce the UL Registered Firm Mark. Only use an authorized UL Mark.
Specific guidelines and rules
UL Registration to the internationally recognized management system standards provides customers and others with official evidence of your company’s commitment to quality.
References to UL Registered Firms
|Sample correct references
|“This facility has been Registered by UL to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9000 Series Standards [or other management system standards].”
|“This facility is Approved by UL.”
|“The quality systems of this facility have been Registered by UL to the ISO 9000 Series Standards [or other management system standards].”
|“This facility is Certified by UL.”
|“Registered by UL to ISO 9000 [or QS-9000 or another ISO 9000-derived Standard to which your facility is Registered.]”
|“This facility is Listed [or Classified or Recognized] by UL.”
|“The quality systems of this facility have been Registered by UL to ISO 9000 and QS-9000 [or other applicable standards to which your facility is Registered].”
|“This facility produces UL Registered products.”
Enhanced UL Certification Marks
The enhanced UL Certification Mark now bundles multiple Certifications into a single Mark; utilizes a unique identifier for easier access to information at www.ul.com/database; communicates geographic scope of certification through country codes; and describes the attributes that UL has Certified about a product.